The Helper is entitled to not less than 1 rest day in every period of 7 days. A rest day is a continuous period of not less than 24 hours. The dates of the weekly rest day will be appointed by the employer who must, unless the rest days are on a regular basis, notify the Helper before the beginning of each month.
If the Helper has worked continuously for the employer for 3 months preceding any of these holidays, she is entitled to be paid for that holiday. The employer is required to grant statutory holidays to the Helper as follows:
Statutory Holidays for 2018
- The first day of January (1 January)
- Lunar New Year’s Day (16 February)
- The third day of Lunar New Year (17 February)
- The fourth day of Lunar New Year (19 February)
- Ching Ming Festival (5 April)
- Labour Day (1 May)
- Tuen Ng Festival (18 June)
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day (2 July)
- The day following the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival (25 September)
- National Day (1 October)
- Chung Yeung Festival (17 October)
- Chinese Winter Solstice Festival (22 December) or Christmas Day (25 December) (at the option of the employer)
Paid annual leave
The Helper is entitled to annual leave with pay within a period of 12 months following completion of 1 year's service. If the employment contract is terminated for whatever reason, including the Helper's resignation but excluding summary dismissal by the employer, after 3 months or more but less than 12 months, she should be paid a pro rata sum in lieu of annual leave.
You may surf the website of Labour Department or contact us at 6332 1312 for further details.